Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tick, tick, tick...

OK, I told myself I was not going to start freaking out. But the clock is ticking and I feel like I'm never going to get everything done. Of course, I know that I WILL get everything done. This is just something I do with every trip. I want to be totally prepared for anything. Which really is ridiculous. It's not like we're going to a deserted island. If I forget anything or if someone needs something, all we have to do is go buy it, right?

I remember a road trip we took when I was about 7. From California to Michigan! The parents and 3 kids in the back of a station wagon. Talk about lack of comfort!!! We all survived and I have a lot of great memories from that trip.

We didn't have a dvd player in the car or a laptop computer. We didn't stop for kid's meals with toys. We didn't stay in fancy hotels. For our entertainment on the road, we had hang-man, tic-tac-toe and cross-word puzzles. Mom packed a cooler and we had picnics at rest-stops or even the side of a country road. And most nights we pulled into a little motor-lodge. Sometimes we were lucky enough to stay at one that had a pool!!!

As of this post, I'm officially done freaking out! Our kids got it pretty good these days! LOL
The suitcases and cooler will get packed. Who cares if we forget something. The point is to have a have a great time, see some cool stuff, spend some much needed time with family, and create memories that we'll have forever.

No comments: