Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I LOVE A RAINY NIGHT...

It rained all night and has continued all day! Man I love it! I don't think it's been this cool since early last spring. I have all the windows open and we're airing out all the rooms.Ah, Fresh air!!!

It's also forced us to be indoors getting stuff done for our trip. I actually finished a couple sewing projects that have been sitting around for weeks! I finished a purse. It turned out really cute. It's made from vintage tea-towels that my Aunt gave me. One has a butler serving drinks, the other has a maid drying a dish. I sewed them together, attached a strap, put on a button and loop for a closure and -Voila! A one of a kind creation.

I also made a cool purse out of pillow covers from India. Tassles and all. I was on a shopping bag making kick for a long time too. Using only repurposed fabrics such as old clothes, tablecloths, anything I could get my hands on. Actually successful enough to sell at some local craft fairs.
I get very gung-ho about my projects. Then my motivation wanes and I'm on to something else. I'm never lacking enthusiasm, only hours in the day!

No comments: