Saturday, September 20, 2008

POW-WOW!!!

Today we went to an Indian pow-wow. Near our home is a national historical site called Town Creek Indian Mound. It was so fun. There was dancing, weapons demonstrations and fire-making! A got a pea-shooter(oh no, look out!), B got an Indian doll and I got a totem charm necklace. It was such a cool experience to see these people expressing their heritage. I got chills when they were chanting, drumming and dancing. We were invited to join the dancing, but B was a little intimidated by all the "big Indians" with all the feathers and face-paint. It's not every day you get to see something like that!!!
Being part Cherokee myself, I found it very inspirational. At some point I want to try and trace my Indian heritage. BUT...one thing at a time, right?

No comments: