Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Facebook is SO cool!!!

I've re-connected with so many old friends. What a blast!

In between blogging and Facebooking we've been homeschooling......haha just kidding!
A is doing great with our learning time. We've been working on the first Thanksgiving and Native Americans.
We work on math everyday. Although I'm leaning toward backing off on the times tables. I don't think its sticking! Until I'm sure he has the basics of addition and subtraction, and all the concepts that involve that, I don't want to push him forward. Whats the point?
Rocks are a big thing right now. We lugged home BAGS of rocks from different parts of the country during our road trip. Since then he is still so fascinated with them. He displays them, he counts how many he has, he organizes then into different groups. So what better subject to incorporate into our curriculum than All Things Rocks!!
We're even having their (A & B) birthday party this Sunday at a gem mine/gold panning place!

Right now I have to start making rice crispie treats for B's class tomorrow. We're going to make fairy sceptors. Star rice crispies, on a stick with ribbons! Adorable. I'll post pics once they're finished.

No comments: