Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Day at the Zoo



Yesterday was Girls Day Out!!! B & I along with a new mommy-friend and her 2 girls spent the day at the zoo. It was a beautiful Autumn day. We took a wagon and pulled the girls around to all the animals. They were so cute. Standing up in the wagon to scream out "HI" to the zebras!

The elephant area was amazing! They have a huge pool for them to play in. As we got there, that's exactly what one of them was doing. This massive creature was swimming & splashing, going under and blowing water out of it's trunk. All this was going on only about 20 feet away from us! It was like watching my kids in the pool. It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

Hanging out with my new friend was cool too. She was one of the moms that came to our HS meet & greet bbq. Our girls really hit it off that day. And so did we. Its not that easy in this area to find like-minded people. So I think we have maybe found a kindred spirit.

No comments: