Sunday, February 1, 2009

Learning to let go and move on

The entire last post was for nothing!!!

The house we were so excited to get ended up being a complete mess! The inspection report revealed that there is extensive mold, termites, plumbing and electrical problems. The 'cosmetic' work that had already been done, was so good that you would never suspect these kinds of issues INSIDE the walls! Thank goodness for inspectors!

It really is a blessing, because major remodeling is NOT what we want or need!
It's been a very good lesson for me. Sometimes I get so caught up in the planning. I had the paint and the floors picked out already! I was starting to put my heart into it. Not a smart thing to do in this kind of situation:)

Oh well.

So thankfully while we were in FL we had looked at another house, to have for a back-up in case this very thing might happen!! It's gone very smoothly so far. They accepted our offer, we've signed the contracts and the inspector goes in this Tues. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but I'm not holding my breath!!

I'll start picking out paint colors once it's actually OURS!:)

To update the homeschooling adventure:
A has been doing a lot of sketching and playing guitar.
Working on a lot of Language Arts too, including silent letters, pre-fixes and suffixes.
He loves to do science on the I Know That website.
He's been taking a break from his times tables. Frustration was becoming a problem, so I told him to come back to it when he's ready.

No comments: