Friday, January 31, 2014

Hopping Back On the Ol' Blog Wagon

I'm a bit embarrassed, I'm mostly disappointed in my lack of consistency, and honestly, just kinda bummed. What's it been? Something like 4 years?!?!?! A lot of water under the bridge, a lot of joy, a lot of heartbreak, success stories and failures, stress and sleepless nights, contrasted with beautiful days that we didn't want to end. Such is life. So from today on, my goal to write about our comings and goings starts with great enthusiasm and hopefulness.

A -  went from tween to full blown TEEN!! No longer Rocker Boy but Skater/Surfer Boy. Since moving back to Florida in 2009 his love of all things surf and skate is a full time obsession! Along with...girls!

B- went from pink princesses to neon green fashionista tomboy. Since moving back to Florida, our amazing community of home school families have nurtured her individuality and unique fashion sense!

R- went from wanting to relax in the countryside of NC to taking on more projects in real estate as well as 2 bands! Amazing to me is his new desire at attempting to get a real estate flipping show on HGtv! LOL

Me??? Well, I used to long for chickens and goats, growing all my own organic produce, sewing, crafting and baking.  I got over THAT real quick!!! HA I still love chickens and goats and all that other stuff, but if we want some livestock time we got to the fair and the farmer's market!  I still do many of the domestic 'arts', but it finally dawned on me that I have to have balance! I swung from one side of the pendulum to the other. I do have a tendency toward OCD. I think I'm finally getting to a place in my head that I can do whatever I want whenever I want. I don't have to fit a certain mold. If I want to bake some bread then I'm gonna do it! The next week I'll buy the bread at Costco! I'm not going to beat myself up over it or feel like I've failed my family!! We lost both of R's parents in the last year, they were a huge part of our everyday lives. Their deaths opened my eyes tremendously! Life is short, very short. Cut yourself some slack and enjoy the ones you've chosen to be with. The bread baking can wait.

No comments: